Ancient detoxification methods for a healthy lifestyle
The body has a natural detoxification system that removes toxins and supports health and well-being. Although this is said, Ayurvedic remedies support the detoxification process by improving internal cleansing from the outside. Therefore, it is best to support detoxification regularly to keep the body in balance. Here are the best Ayurvedic remedies for optimal health and detoxification.
Dry body cleansing is known in Ayurveda as Garshana, a ritual that has been practiced for centuries. Those who practice Garshan use a natural bristle body brush over their skin to exfoliate and promote the removal of toxins (ama) through lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system plays an important role in fighting infections, but if toxins accumulate, it can become clogged. Dry cleansing helps stimulate capillaries and promotes this natural body process. Ayurvedic dry brushes advantages:
Ayurvedic dry body cleansers have innumerable benefits for the body and skin.
- Strengthens blood circulation.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage to remove internal toxins.
- Softens the skin and removes dead skin cells with the help of peeling.
- Prevents the formation of ingrown hairs.
- Increases energy levels.
- Supports healthy metabolism for weight control.
- Improves muscle tone and can help reduce the appearance of cellulite
Scratching or cleaning the tongue
Even if you are a beginner in Ayurveda, you may have never heard of scratching or cleaning your tongue. Undoubtedly, scratching the tongue is one of the simplest and most effective methods of cleaning the interior. This not only improves oral health, but also prevents the uptake of toxins by removing bile and ama from the surface of the tongue. You can easily make this Ayurvedic remedy using a small metal or plastic rounded tool. For instance, Urban Veda tongue cleaner is made of 100% copper, which is a natural cleaning agent that prevents the accumulation of ama. This Ayurvedic ritual will not only enhance your morning and evening oral hygiene routine, but will also provide several benefits.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Tongue Cleaning:
- Prevents bad bacteria from entering the gut microbiome that can affect mood
- Improves oral health by removing bacteria that can cause gum disease and tooth decay.
- Prevents bad breath by eliminating odor-causing bacteria.
- Increases the sensitivity of the taste buds
So add these Ayurvedic remedies to your self-care to keep the doshas in balance. Even if you have a busy schedule, you can easily incorporate these simple rituals into your practice.